We’re in the final stretch!
Illinois State Senate to vote on CESSA week of May 24
Any day now, the Illinois State Senate will vote on CESSA (HB 2784). If the Senate passes CESSA, it will go to the Governor’s desk to become state law.
We are in the final stretch. We need advocates calling, emailing, or otherwise contacting their State Senator and asking them to #SupportCESSA!
Ask your State Senator to vote YES on CESSA (HB 2784)
- Email, call, tweet, or otherwise contact your State Senator and ask them to vote YES on CESSA (HB 2784)
- (You can always use the tweets and other messaging in the social media toolkit!)
- Here’s a link where you can look up who your Senator is and how to contact them.
- You can also use this easy link to send them an advocacy email to #SupportCESSA.
Here are other ways you can help:
Build Momentum on Social Media
- Write and share posts about CESSA on any and all of your social media channels. Use the #SupportCESSA hashtag.
- On Facebook, you can add a #SupportCESSA frame to your profile picture: Click on your profile picture to edit it. Click on ‘add frame’. Search for #SupportCESSA. Select the frame you want to use. Save your frame and profile picture.
Submit Testimony in Support of CESSA:
- Submit your personal testimony in support of CESSA through the linked form for Access Living to share digitally. You can also share your testimony on your own social media channels!
- Want to see what others have said about CESSA? Check out submitted personal testimonies here.
Additional CESSA information and resources:
- Learn more about CESSA on the CESSA Information Landing Page
- Read Access Living’s CESSA press release from July 2020: “My Brother Would Still be Alive Today”
- Download CESSA One-Pager
- Download CESSA Graphic
- Learn about Stephon Watts, the autistic teenager whose tragic death galvanized the creation of CESSA
- Read advocate firsthand testimony in support of CESSA