March 4, 2021
Improve your credit, learn to budget, save for the future, and increase your opportunities for employment! Attend the January-March Financial Literacy Workshop Series and earn while you learn. All participants receive a small stipend for participating.
**UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL ACCESS LIVING EVENTS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY. PLEASE CONTACT EVENT ORGANIZER FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO ATTEND THIS MEETING**
All sessions will be held virtually via Zoom. Please contact Carleda Johnson to register to attend.
Workshop Dates and Details:
- Thursday January 28: Financial Freedom, what does it mean?
- Thursday, February 4: Emotional and Cultural influences on financial decisions
- Thursday, February 11: Benefits of a Bank Account
- Thursday, February 18: Establishing and Using Credit Wisely
- Thursday, February 25: Why you need a Budget, Income and Expenses
- Monday, February 15: Saving and setting financial goals.
- Thursday, February 18: What is a Credit Report?
- Thursday, February 25: Introduction to Credit Cards
- Thursday, March 4:Protecting Yourself against Predatory Lending and Identity Theft.
- Thursday, March 11: Review
- Thursday, March 18: Final Test
- Thursday, March 25: Celebration