Building Our Power Together – Construyendo Poder Juntos
Are you a person with a disability who is new to community organizing? Would like to be part of Access Living’s Chicago disability rights and disability justice organizing work?
Then, the Building Our Power Together training is for you!
Para llenar la solicitud favor de hacer clic aqui.
About Building Our Power Together
Building Our Power Together will help you learn about the basics of community organizing from a disability point of view. You will learn about Access Living’s community organizing in Chicago, and get to know Access Living’s community organizing team.
- We will meet two times a week for five weeks
- Each week, we will build on our knowledge from the week before.
- This training takes place online
- The maximum class size of 20 students
- The training is free
- Upon graduating, students join one or more of Access Living’s community organizing groups
- People with all kinds of disabilities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should fill out and submit their applications by 5pm on Friday, March 24.
- All applications are reviewed by Access Living staff.
- Access Living staff reaches out to potential participants to conduct a short interview.
- Final participants (20 total) are selected and notified by April 7.
- Class begins on April 24.
Application Packet Contents:
- Training schedule
- Important information for applicants to know
- Application form
To apply, fill out and submit the the online application form by 5pm on Friday, March 24, or email it to Jerome Palliser, Program Director Assistant, at email@example.com.
Para llenar la solicitud favor de hacer clic aqui, o envíelo por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to complete the application in an alternate format, such as by phone, please contact Jerome Palliser, Access Living’s Program Director Assistant.
If you have questions about the training, please contact Michelle Garcia, Manager of Organizing and Community Development at (312) 640-2194 or email@example.com.