You’re Invited: Disability and Covid-19 Town Hall.
As Covid-19 infections escalate across the country, we’d like to hear from people with disabilities about how the pandemic is affecting you. We especially encourage people with disabilities from the Chicago area, as well as Illinois, to join us.
- Date/time: Wednesday, November 11, from 4-5:30 pm Central Time
- Where: Online! Our event will be virtual. Please RSVP to get the link/call in info.
- Where to RSVP: Please RSVP following the instructions at this link.
- Facebook Event Page: If you would like to share about the event on Facebook, please use this link.
- Access: The event will have ASL, CART and Spanish translation. For other accommodations requests, please contact Jerome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect:
Our Town Hall will be co-hosted by grassroots disability leaders and staff from Access Living. We will have a welcome and ground rules, and then a short presentation from Access Living on support for people with disabilities during Covid. We will then have an open-mic style session where attendees can share about how Covid-19 has impacted your life, and strategies that have helped you.
Some Questions to Help You Prepare for the Town Hall
If you’re not sure what to say or share during the Town Hall, consider how you might answer the questions below. These are some of the discussion questions we will use:
- How has Covid-19 affected your access to healthcare, transportation, education?
- Has Covid-19 affected your opportunities to socialize?
- Have you been able to get access to resources to help you during the pandemic?
- Has Covid-19 affected your mental health?
- Has Covid-19 affected your access to personal care or homemaker services?
- What are some coping strategies that have helped you during Covid-19?
- What resources do you think are needed to help people with disabilities during Covid-19.
We look forward to discussing Covid-19 and hearing from many of you. Please share this email with others who may wish to attend.