Reminder! Community Covid Vaccine Q&A Tonight
Today, for those who live in Chicago/Illinois, Access Living is hosting a town hall on the Covid-19 vaccine. Not only do we have panelists ready to answer your questions, we hope you will also share your stories and concerns so we can learn from you. Please join us!
Virtual Town Hall on Vaccination for Chicago/Illinois: Following on our first virtual town hall about the Covid-19 vaccine for people in Illinois, we will be hosting a new town hall TODAY, Thursday, February 18, from 5:30 pm to 7 pm Central Time. While our first town hall focused on presentations, this town hall will be focused on answering questions from residents in Chicago and in Illinois. Bring your questions about prioritization and accessibility! Our confirmed guest speakers are, in alphabetical order:
- Commissioner Rachel Arfa, Chicago Mayor’s Office on People with Disabilities (MOPD)
- Dr. Rachel Bernard, Medical Director, COVID Response Bureau, Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Assistant Commissioner Tamara Mahal, City of Chicago Vaccine Lead, Chicago Department of Aviation
- Dr. Eric Segreti, Rush University Medical Center
- Director Allison Stark, Division on Developmental Disabilities, Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS-DDD)
Thank you to all our panelists for being willing to take questions! Registration is at this link. The Facebook event page is at this link. The event will have ASL, Spanish, and captioning. Please contact Jerome at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have other questions or disability accommodation requests.
If you missed the first Access Living town hall on vaccination, the recording is at this link. If you would like to check out Access Living’s page on Covid resources, see this link. Please share this information with fellow community advocates. Thank you.