Access Living’s Housing Services
Stable housing can be the key to someone with a disability getting a good education, finding and keeping a job, and living the life he or she wants to live. At Access Living we:
- Transition disabled people out of nursing homes into their own homes
- Offer housing search assistance, and other services to eligible people with disabilities
- Offer legal services for disability-related housing discrimination
- Operate a Fair Housing Testing Program to determine if discrimination in obtaining rental housing took place — This can sometimes lead to legal action. If you would like to join the program as a housing tester, send a resume and one-page writing sample to HousingTesting@accessliving.org
- Connect disabled people to home and community-based services and other means of support that allow them to remain in their homes – These include our registry of personal assistants (PAs), and homemaker services offered by the Chicago Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities
Access Living’s housing services support people with disabilities who want to find independent, integrated housing in their communities. We do not operate assisted-living facilities.