Community Supports Team
We believe that people with disabilities should have options to live in their own homes
Our Community Supports team equips consumers with the supports and tools they need to be in control of their own lives. Support services include:
- A database of registered, certified Personal Assistants (PAs) consumers can choose to hire for disability services or support.
- Nursing home transition assistance
- Information and referrals pertaining to the disability community
- Training to family members or members of the general public who are interested in becoming a paid Personal Assistant (PA) to a person with a disability.
- Classes and workshops to develop independent living skills, such as money management
Access Living is a delegate agency of the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD). As such, we support the independence of people with disabilities by connecting them with community-based services. Our staff coordinators work with consumers to identify what tools or supports they need to live on their own.