Stepping Stones is a program for nursing home residents who want to develop independent living skills
Stepping Stones participants:
- Meet and interact with other nursing facility residents.
- Learn about community resources and about living independently in their own home.
- Earn a small stipend for completion of the Stepping Stones program.
To learn about how to join a future Stepping Stones group, contact Tim Pagani at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 640-2110.
Stepping Stones Session Curriculum
Stepping Stones meets once a week for six weeks. Each session is two hours long. Topics covered include:
- Week 1: Independent living and disability rights
- Week 2: Social support – communication
- Week 3: Introduction to technology
- Week 4: Housing & healthcare
- Week 5: Income, transportation, & money management
- Week 6: Healthy living